September 10, 2009

Where to Hang a Child's Art?

My children attended Montessori schools for many years and I enjoyed learning Maria Montessori's philosophies. In general my belief in life is to gather lots of information about a subject and come up with my personal way.

One of my favorite Montessori views is of art. The littlest children are not too young to learn about the greatest artists! In the classrooms the art and work is easy for a child to reach. I set up our house this way. I am now moving the images up the walls, but I still have to bend over to pull out the china for the dinner table. (Don't worry... I think I've accidentally broken more china than they have!)

So, the next time you put a nail in the wall, check with your youngster to see where his eyes are on the wall.

No comments: