January 10, 2010

Peaceful Easy Feeling


There are days when peace is elusive. So, I created this Etsy Treasury to the right this past week. It will expire this morning. You can find the link in my shop. Like everyone, I do stress about things sometimes and in the last few years I have learned that singing (of all things) and knitting are two easy things I can do to relieve stress and help me find peace.

I love country music and play it full blast and intentionally sing (even though I am not in the mood) when I am mad or sad. This helps a lot because I have to totally focus on the song.

Knitting is repetitive, so that the flow of the project and focusing on the steps help me relax. For years, I felt I needed to go to a gym to relax more, but working out is not for me. BUT, I didn’t need to.


In the end, the best relaxation, stress reducer has been the dog. She is still a puppy. This is her most recent photograph. I adopted her about 5 months ago and what a pick she was. (Although, she picked me by showing up at my mother’s farm.) There are days I can’t believe I found such a good, smart dog. Tennessee is helping reduce stress by getting me to walk at least once a day. She actually pulls on my jeans at the hem (kind of a tug of war) to get me outside on a walk. And, my sweet dog is always there with a friendly hello and lick whenever I need a break. You can adopt a dog in Atlanta at Petco. Their next adoption is Sat., Jan. 16th.

The Treasury above (a collection of 12 items for sale on Etsy that I fit together through color and theme) is titled “Peaceful Easy Feeling” after the Eagles’ song. You can find these items on http://www.etsy.com/ by searching for the name under the photo.

No comments: