April 18, 2010

Wesleyan Reunion Weekend Full of Art


I attended my college reunion this weekend and it was really special this year because the school has added an art show to the line up and an artist market as well. Fitting that I took my first photography class at Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia that I return with my photographs.

Here is an image of my art in the wonderful gallery the alumnae volunteers created with reunion year artists' work featured. Pictured here are Mystery Bloom, Spring and Waltzing with acid free mats and black frames. The works are about 20" wide and retail for $180 framed. On the right is my latest creation. It is a 16" by16" version of Perfect printed on canvas with acrylic highlights. This sells for $200.

While I was at the alumnae weekend, I took a few photographs. Our school color is purple, so I thought to pull the purple in this image. It's too bad you can't read the year on the sign on the right below as that it my graduation year. ;) A special thank you to my classmates for all their purchases at the art fair.

5 comments:

Marlene said...

You must have had a great time, It is fun to reunite with old friends. The show looks like it was a winner also.

Karen said...

Hazel, your photos are amazing. It was great seeing you at Wesleyan! :)

MagMoment said...

Thanks for the compliment and support! Our classmates, and you, were very kind to purchase my art. I hope you enjoy it!

readingsully2 said...

I am going to a reunion too. On Thurs. :)

MagMoment said...

Have fun at the reunion. It was really nice to connect with people at my college. Last night at a party I reconnected with a fellow board member from Young Careers at the High Museum. We were on the board in 1993 together. It's heartwarming to rediscover people you have a common bond with.