September 09, 2011

September's Slow Dance

Slow Dance
This month is jam packed. I have four art festivals: Marietta Art in the Park, Birmingham Artwalk, Roswell Arts Festival, and Charlotte's Art in the Park. All of these festivals are new to me. See my show schedule here.

On the 3rd, I opened my exhibit of 12 images titled Georgia's State Parks at REI Perimeter in Atlanta.

Slow Exposures is opening on the 16th... I dropped off my photograph titled Slow Dance and 3 prints yesterday.

Women In Focus' juried photography show is opening on the 16th at Mason Murer art gallery in Atlanta. My hydrangea image titled Twist-n-Shout was selected for this exhibit. You can see it on my webpage.

I remember thinking when I read Gary Vaynerchuk's book Crush It that there was no way I would work every minute. I thought, "I won't have time for that with three kids." But I have found time. This past spring I remember packing for my trip to Colorado, and running outside with my camera and snapping  up the neighbor's dogwoods. (I knew they wouldn't be blooming when I returned.) In those few minutes I captured many beautiful photographs like the one above.

Yes, I did attend to my children's open house last night. We had two home-cooked meals this week. In a lot of ways this September seems surreal. I am very lucky that all these events have fallen into place.

This morning many areas in the Northeast are flooding, the fires are burning in Texas, much of California is without power, and September 11 is almost upon us, but take my image with you. It reminds me to dance slowly. Enjoy each activity like it's your first slow dance in high school.

No comments: