March 21, 2010

Flowers in Bulloch Hall

When I was a child, my mother took me to lots of historic places, and I didn't see the point then. And, I thought they were all rather musty smelling. But perhaps this gentle prodding is why I like art museums so much now.

The Roswell Photographic Society recently had a field trip to Bulloch Hall in Roswell Georgia. And, I dragged along a friend who is a history buff just to see what was inside. (I was secretly planning on taking photographs outside.) But quickly learned that for our upcoming exhibit the photographs must be taken inside. The image to the right is Flowers in the Window. The image below is Lace Flower.

So I set about looking for something I liked. It did not take long as I am crazy about flowers. I found plenty of flower images to take within the historic home. There were flowered handkerchiefs, flowered curtains, flowers on clothing...  Here are my two favorites from the group. And, yes, they were both juried into the upcoming show, which opens April 1, 2010. Learn more by searching for Magmoment Photography on Facebook.

2 comments:

readingsully2 said...

Great memories.

Marlene said...

Beautiful lace, you don't see a whole lot of lace curtains anymore, what a shame.