January 10, 2011

Best Banana Waffles

My son was impressed that there wasn't a banana to be found in the grocery several days prior to our pending Georgia snow storm of 2011. He even asked an employee to be certain.

So, just in case you don't eat all those bananas (and they are turning brown) and you need something to do with them I thought I'd share my banana waffle recipe.



Best Banana Waffles

8 T parkay, melted
2 eggs, separated
1 C milk
2 C all purpose flour
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
2 T sugar
4 bananas, mashed

Melt the parkay and let it cool. Beat the egg whites until they are stiff. Mix together dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients (except egg whites) after margarine has cooled. Pour into wet mixture. Stir in bananas and then fold in egg whites. Pour approximated 1/3 C of mixture per waffle. Cook in waffle iron. Yields about 10 waffles.

I utilize two waffle irons to speed the preparation.

No comments: