January 04, 2011

You Do Not Have to Drive to the Beach for a Pretty Sunset

In my mind I have always believed that I needed to be at the beach to take a beautiful sunset. But Amicalola Falls State Park puts that belief to rest. I took these photographs on January 3, 2011 and the falls align perfectly with the setting sun. Below is an abstract of the sunset.

Amicolola State park is located outside of Dawsonville, Georgia in the Northern part of the state about one hour north of Atlanta up Georgia 400. The drive into the park is very pretty and worth stopping along the way for great photos of nearby farms. Here are the rocks at the top of the falls with a bit of sun on them.
Amicalola Falls State Park and Lodge
418 Amicalola Falls State Park Rd
Dawsonville , GA 30534

(I am visiting, photographing, and blogging all of the GA state parks in one year. This is park number 7 out of 48).

No comments: