February 22, 2009

OJ – My favorite Ingredient

Whenever I am out of a crucial ingredient, and I can, … I substitute orange juice. I first learned about adding orange juice from Martha Stewart, who has a French toast recipe that includes orange juice. I'm not sure I have made the pear version, but always add OJ to my french toast mixture. Below is my own recipe, which uses orange juice to marinade carrots.

Orange Juice Carrots

Boil carrots for 35 minutes until easily pierced with a fork. Drain and pour into an oven safe dish. Pour an ample amount of orange juice over the carrots. Spray the very tops with Pam, so they are not burnt. Cook the casserole in the oven at 325° for 30 minutes until bubbling. Cover and leave in the oven until the rest of the food is ready.

Let me know what recipes taste good with orange juice added

No comments: