February 18, 2009

Rebbetzin's Challah


Today I am jumping in with both feet. It’s time to blog! I have always enjoyed writing, so except for the time element… this should be easy. I am releasing my challah plaque and note cards this week on http://www.mitzvahminded.com/. Then, I will begin working on a Passover image. It's a new day!

Rebbetzin's Challah
4 C water
3 T active yeast
1 T sugar

Mix above ingredients; set aside until bubbling. If mixture does not bubble, start over!

5 lbs bread flour
2 C sugar
1 1/2 C canola oil
1 1/2 T sea salt
3 eggs
Combine dry ingredients and pour into wet ingredients. Stir well. Cover and let rise 2 hours. Punch down. Separate into 8 sections (plus a small piece for Hashem). Braid into challot. Brush with egg and water mixture. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Freeze extra loaves. Thaw 10 minutes and bake for 25.

I recently added this item to Etsy as an ACEO 2.5" x 3.5" Art Card, Edition and Original. Mine is an original photograph that can display in your kitchen.

No comments: