June 26, 2009

Sara Evans -- Pray for You


Car mileage -- 260.5

Bke mileage -- zero

Our road trip has begun... We stopped past Charlotte, NC to avoid traffic in the AM. On the way we listened to music mostly. By far Sara Evans is my favorite artist. She is country... with a twang that won't be for everyone. My favorite song of hers was released last year on the greatest hits CD. I listened to it to today and it was a great song to start off our road trip... Sara says, "And baby what don't kill you, will make you strong. Just love the journey that you're on."

Pray for You starts off, "I wish I could run home to mama's lovin' arms... sittin' with her on the porch, glass of tea and nothin' more." To me this is a sweet song about strength and grabbing hold of it.

Packing was hard... driving 2600 miles with three kids in tow will be hard too, but it will all be worth it. I hope you will follow us on our journey to Cape Cod for the 4th of July and back over the next couple weeks. We will be listening to many audio books, camping out, cooking, sight-seeing and of course I will be publishing my photographs here.

No comments: