August 13, 2009

What Will the Kids Remember? The Music...

Loving music, certain songs remind me of particular days. I clearly remember there was a day when my son was in 3rd grade, and he was so mad on the way to school. I played Terri Clark's "I Just Wanna Be Mad" say 6 times in a row. She says in the song, "Please don't make me smile. I just want to be mad for awhile" We've all had these days! And, this morning we were all sick of the song by the time we made it to school, but it made it's point, and I turned a little anger into a very good laugh because I couldn't help laughing... and he did too!

And, most recently, I can't remember what show we saw, but my daughter and I cranked up Toby Keith's I wanna talk about me all the way home from downtown. We had a blast being together singing. Toby says, "Wanna talk about I. Wanna talk about number one. Oh my me my. What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see I like talking about you you you you, usually, but occasionally I wanna talk about meeeeee." We love this song for belting because we try to hold some of the chorus notes out for forever!

Share the music!

No comments: