September 16, 2010

Sweetwater Georgia State Park Short Drive from Atlanta

My second park to visit, Sweetwater State Park was a pleasant surprise because it is so close to Atlanta just a few minutes from Six Flags Over Georgia. It reminded me a of a park we used to visit when I was a child in Minnesota. We showed up ate our picnic and left.

This is what my family did in Sweetwater because of lack of time, but we had fun while we were there. I forgot the spatula. This was a difficult item to replace at the grill. So we grilled the hamburgers on tin foil, which didn't really work either. But we all had hamburger meat on our bun. And, will always laugh about this.

The lake was beautiful and the picnic tables all spread out around it. We found a peaceful place.

Sweetwater Creek State Park
1750 Mt. Vernon Road
Lithia Springs , GA 30122

(I am blogging the Georgia state parks in one year. This is park 2/48)  

No comments: