August 22, 2010

Does Julie Meet Julia Child?

Julie & JuliaAhhh... Julie and Julie is a story about a blogger, Julie, who sets out to cook all of Julia's recipes. And, would love to meet the famous chef.

Yes, I am a blogger too. No, my mom hasn't bugged me to stop blogging like Julie's mom in the film.*
Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol. 1
So, did you see the movie? I watched it tonight on DVD. The story was told alternating back and forth between Julia Child's life at the beginning of her career and Julie Powell as she blogs her way through cooking all 524 recipes in Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Julia is writing the cookbook while Julie is utilizing it. The film has a nice back and forth rhythm. It is very well done.

There were a couple of beautiful similarities between the two women. They both had very loving, attentive and supportive husbands. Both women love to cook and both women write. Each has a goal to "get published." Watching the movie made me think and ponder my goals as a blogger and an artist. Do I have a bigger purpose? Where am I heading? I do recommend the movie.

*Sadly, my mom has Alzheimer's and I haven't been able to share the blog with her. Yes, thankfully I have been able to share my art with her. She has taken many creations from my home to her home.


1 comment:

Marlene said...

I enjoyed this movie a lot, I love to cook and I watched Julia Child on TV. She had the quirkiest personality and was so fun to watch. The movie captured her well.