July 22, 2009

Stone Mountain Bike Path

This past weekend I entertained children at the Mariott resort for Cystinosis Research Network Conference in Stone Mountain park. I am so glad I did because on my way I passed so many bikers. The path to Stone Mountain looks amazing.

To see exact directions click on the Path site. The bike ride starts at the Martin Luther King center and is 17 miles one-way to Stone Mountain Park; 14 miles are on a wide 2-way, paved trail, off-road. The other 3 miles are on the street.

Once you reach Stone Mountain there is a nice bike path around the mountain. And, it is free to ride into Stone Mountain on a bike. For a map of Stone Mountain Park click here. A friend told me it was 6 miles around the mountain. I will check.

I didn't have my camera, but the mountain looked pictorial. Next time!

No comments: